Since I am no longer a freshmen student, I’d like to share some of my personal insights or tips that are based on my personal experience. Yes, college is really different from high school. I hope these will help you on your first week or month as a college student.
1. Try doing some research – When I saw my block in my assessment, I decide to search it on twitter and facebook. At first, I was really hopeless, but luckily, I was able to find my block mates through social media. My goal was: I just wanted to have some idea who’ll be around me for almost 5 months and not to be a loner in our first day of school! Haha! Funny but I know every freshman feels the same way right now…
2. Always be on time – My first class was 7:00am and from Cavite to Manila, it wasn't really easy for me. I was always late back then. I never thought that it’ll be the reason for me to have a failing grade. I really felt so hopeless that time that I might not be able to pass the subject. But through self-discipline, I was able to pass the subject!!! (And yes, it was English! 5 units to be exact.)
3. Be friendly – Help yourself! Always smile and be open to meet new friends. Want a tip? Do not stick to one friend but too many!! Because you have no clue what will happen in the future. Agree? Do not trust someone so easily and do not judge a person as long as you haven’t talked to them. Because sometimes, the person you hate the most is the one who truly understands and cares for you.
4. Know you limits! – My friends and I loves to hang out but we always make sure to focus more in our studies. Also, having a boyfriend is a NO-NO! to some. Yes! It’s cool to have a partner but you must really know your limits! Why? Because it’s really annoying to see someone who focuses more in love than you school!
5. Trust yourself – We all know that college life is really stressful but it is worth it! All those sleepless nights and unending stress is a challenge. If you fail, smile and be better! Trust yourself in everything that you do!